Sunday, July 02, 2006

Perry Beard

My name is Perry Beard, and I am the debate coach at Cinco Ranch High School inKaty, Texas in suburban Houston. I have been coaching debate professionally since1996 and a classroom teacher since 1997. As a classroom teacher who coaches debate,my focus to teach kids how to think critically, work with tenacity, and debate withintegrity. It is my goal that my students come away from my tutelage with apositive outlook on the activity and that they continue their success well afterthey have left camp far behind. Since I started the debate program at Cinco Ranch in 2000, my students have achieveda few well-earned honors. I have qualified numerous students to the NationalForensic League national tournament, the Texas Forensic Association statetournament, and one of my students won the 5A UIL Lincoln-Douglas State Championship in 2006. On a personal note, I am a huge Astros fan, a lover of very strong coffee, and thedevoted husband and father of the best wife and kids in the whole wide world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home